I hate to say this as I sound terribly old and I'm soon going to start quoting my grandfather and his "When I was a kid stories" but seriously kids these days just don't get outside enough and play. Video games and the internet has replaced hopscotch and figuring out how far you can ride your bike. Sure I played my fair share of video games growing up.. and I even spent way too much time on my computer. However I can't remember a summer where my hair didn't turn strawberry blond from being outside or being covered head to toe in freckles from being out in the sun. I pass kids at the mall or in the store all the time that are pale like they have never set foot outside, and this is Alabama folks! Mind you I'm white as a ghost and I spent most of my time at my computer working but I'm set on not allowing that to happen with Connor and the new baby.
Subway wants to encourage kids to get out and get active. Earlier this summer they sent us out a P.E.P. rally kit (Play more, Eat right, Push away the screen) with tons of cool summer activies to help us get out and get active. Mind you I'm a bit behind and my summer was ridiculously busy so I'm a little late getting this out. Regardless I'm whole heartily behind Subway's efforts and their partnership with the National Institute of Health and the NIH’s We Can! program (Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity and Nutrition). This program helps encourage kids to step away from that TV and all their electronic devices and step outside and get active!
Included in the kit is a $10 Subway gift card so you can treat your family to a healthy meal at your local Subway restaurant and a huge box of fun outside toys. August may be starting soon but it was over 90 degrees here today so I'm positive you can get some good use out of the toys. Don't forget you can get a footlong for $5 at Subway which for your $10 you can easily feed a family of four with a few additions of some sides and drinks. We have a Subway just down the road and usually about once a month we stop in and pick up a few foot longs and put them in the fridge and eat them for lunch for several days. They are delicous and its an easy lunch or dinner when I'm just not feeling up to cooking.
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Visit the SUBWAY restaurant locator and tell me which Subway is nearest to your house. While your over there check out the menu and tell me what healthy meal would you order for you or your family with your $10 gift card!!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end August 15th at midnight!