Imagine changing one of the biggest paper consumptions any family has into a green choice, easily, using the same brands you know and trust. Scott is a household name when it comes to personal paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, paper napkins, ect) has come clean, I mean gone green. heh. I've always wondered why more paper companies have not offered a green option, or even just converted all their products into more green friendly products.
Scott Natural paper products can have up to 80% post consumer recycled fiber, on the paper napkins, and 40% on the toilet paper. This means with no more change than buying a trusted brand in basically a different packaging you are making your family more green without having to sacrifice anything! No more excuses people you can make your first baby steps to living greener without even noticing!
Seriously enough I try not to use paper towels unless I have to, though there are times where its hard to avoid like cleaning up nasty puppy messes or using them to cover food in the microwave. All in all I probley use one paper towel roll every three months. However, my mother can use an entire paper towel roll in a day or worst. Though I'd really love to convince her to use cloth at least I can breath a little easier when I know her Scott Natural Paper towels are made with 60% post consumer recycled fibers! Not only that but the packaging is recycled as well! Let's not even get started on what sort of impact we could have in my family alone if all our toilet paper was from recycled fibers!
Have I peeked your interest yet? Well even if your not as obsessed about going green as I am you can't deny that Scotts is a quality brand. Why would you even bother buying anything else when you can have quality AND make a difference in the world around you. We owe it to our children and our grandchildren to at least make an effort. I don't expect people to change their lifestyles and I am not this super hippy everything has to be green sort of girl. My goal is to make one small change a year, or as often as I can, every baby step makes such a huge difference over a person's lifetime. Sure I fall off the train myself at times to, I was on a six month stretch where I recycled every piece of paper that came across my desk and to be honest with you other than the fact that I still print my coupons on the backside of printouts that are no longer useful, I totally stopped recycling paper. Don't worry though I'm gonna get back on that horse and get back to it.
As far as Scott Naturals? I forsee my toilet paper stash getting a little more green as soon as my current stash is gone.
Scott would like to give one lucky reader a gift bag to get them started with the Scott Naturals line and start them on their own green journey! The gift bag includes some of my favorite easy to go green items. Scott Naturals product coupons, Clorox Green Works items, a reusable shopping bag, green light bulbs and a reusable water bottle!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out Scott Naturals and let me one step your taking in your own home to live a greener life or a step you'd like to take!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end June 30th at midnight!