I'm sure if Connor was older I'd never get away with this one, but I'm headed for a romantic week away in Orlando next week. I'm really excited to be a few days at my favorite place on earth. Walt Disney World. I've been to Disney more times than I can count on two hands as I lived outside of Orlando for years and I used to have a tradition of going to Disney after Christmas every year. Though as many times as I've gone I've never been with a preschooler or toddler and really I've never looked at the park from a preschool perspective.
So this little Orlando trip has three objectives. The first is to have a romantic couple only week away where it may just be possible for us to have a conversation without having to say "no.. no.. don't touch that.. sit down..." for a good amount of the time. As well this may just be the last adult vacation we take for awhile as between Connor and possibly more kids in the future I'm fairly positive that my roller coaster riding days may just be limited for awhile. I'm also planning to take Connor to Disney for his first time hopefully next fall or the spring of 2011 and I want to scope out what attractions would be best for my little munchkin and get some ideas for cool things you can do on a limited budget in Orlando as I'm fairly positive I will not be graduating from college by then.
I am also getting the opportunity to interview one of the Disney Mom Panel moms here shortly and I really want to come up with some good questions to ask especially about how to do a action packed Disney trip without breaking the bank. I'd love to hear your ideas as well. So my mission to you guys while I'm gone is to come up with some great questions to ask for my interview. I'll pick the best questions to include in the interview and depending on how many submissions I get you guys will win prizes as well. If I get under 50 submissions I'll give away a $25 gift certificate to Disney Store online, if I get 100+ submissions I'll give away a $25 gift certificate to my favorite question and a Disney plush of my choosing from the park to the runner up. If I get 150+ submissions I'll give away a $25 gift certificate to my favorite and two Disney plush to the runners up. I'll pick out something cool as if we don't get enough submissions Connor will be the winner of the plush. heh. (He has plenty of plush so lets make it happen ladies!)
I'd also love to hear about your favorite attractions, any attractions you especially want me to check out and feature in our upcoming posts, and your own Disney experiences. The last time I was at Disney they had just opened Animal Kingdom and not many of the rides/attractions were active so it will be fun to see whats changed as its been a few years.
In the meantime I'll be checking in sporadically from now till we get back next weekend and my good friend Stacy will be hosting you guys with dvd reviews and giveaways!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out the Disney World website and let me know what you'd like to ask the Mom Panel. You can also make a suggestion or ask about a certain attraction!?
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- TWO extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end June 15th at midnight!