The party is looming closer and closer.. and we are dreadfully behind. Connor's second year molars are coming through and needless to say we have been struggling with night terrors and fevers and even a trip to the ER. In way to short of a time I will have a large group of children at my house not to mention tons of family members and knowing my mother she would be horrified if the grass was not perfectly mowed lets not even talk about the dust that I haven't cleaned off the furniture in months.
Cleaning makes me sick, I'm not even kidding, between the dust and traditional cleaning products with all those harsh smells combined with my allergies the whole ordeal past just simply wiping down the counters with mild soapy water is frustratingly terrible for me. I almost hate to admit this but though I've always been aware of my own responsibility for this earth and I would love to say that's the reason we use so many green friendly products in this house, that's only partially the reason. Honestly enough Seventh Generation's cleaning products were one of the big changing factors in our green attempt in this household. Though I've been familiar with Seventh Generation for some time the review we did for them awhile back really changed my entire perspective. Before using Seventh Generation I'd consider this house as a casual green user (meaning we would make small changes and product choices only when it really benefited us either financially.. like using wash rags instead of paper towels.. or the fact that I really just like the organic or green products better such as bamboo).
Coming from a family where its a fact of nature that if your not using a harsh cleaning product it must not be clean, imagine my surprise at my first experience with Seventh Generation. Not only have I not missed my icky lung burning chemicals but for once I can clean without having to spend the rest of the day in bed. So basically Seventh Generation was a spring board to every other green change we have had in the last year. So needless to say I was thrilled when we got a gift pack of Seventh Generation products to clean up after the herd of insane children that are raving our house for Connor's party. Recycled paper towels to clean up all the spills, all purpose cleaner to clean up after making my famous dyed rice crispy treats, and window cleaner to clean up all the little nose and finger prints on the glass door. Plus a host of others to help me clean up before my guests arrive.
The one Seventh Generation product that I can't seem to live without is my Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner in Orange and Ceder Spice. It smells amazing and I can use it all day without feeling wuzzy. In a house with a toddler in diapers, 8 week old puppies, six other dogs, and my terrible cooking skills we tend to use cleaning spray quite often. The problem is all to often the messes I'm cleaning up are quite smelly and most cleaners just don't do the job and lets not even talk about how dangerous I am with a bottle of bleach so that's not an option. I've used our Seventh Generation Kitchen cleaner to not only clean up the grossest of puppy cages, diaper pails, and on the worst messes I can make in my kitchen. I've always found that it not only does the job, it leaves my kitchen smelling amazing. It also does as good of a job at getting stains off my counters as good if not better than any other product I've tried. I've also found it does an amazingly good job of getting that baked on grease off my smooth top range. I just spray it on and let it sit for a bit and more often than not the grease will wipe right up afterwards.
Check out the entire selection of Seventh Generation products on their website!
I have an awesome treat for you guys. Seventh Generation wants to give one of my readers their very own starter set of products. One winner will receive a Living Home Starter Kit which includes quite the selection of home cleaning products : glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, kitchen cleaner, tub and tile, paper towels and more!
To enter : (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BIRTHDAY POST!! You must be entered into the birthday bash to win this contest!)
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out Seventh Generation and their awesome product selection. Then come here and tell us which product you love or would like to try and why!! Make sure you read below to earn extra entries including a scavenger hunt entry.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Answer the I Spy trivia question "Check out Seventh Generation's website and take a look at the products! I spy something that will get that chocolate cake stain out of Connor's clothes without fear of messing up the color! Do not leave this entry in your comment all trivia question answers go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject "Seventh Generation" Posting "I spy" answers in comments will disqualify you!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end May 15th at midnight!