Books…. Connor says it.. Signs it.. And even takes them to bed with him. I’m not really sure what he does with them once he gets them in bed with him but its not uncommon to go into his room in the morning and find him snuggled in his bed hand on his favorite bedtime story. The kid is a honest to goodness bookworm and he comes by the trait honestly as his mother adores books as well. As much as I love books I do have a limit as to how many times in one day I’m willing to read the same board book over and over and its hard to get Connor to sit still long enough to read him a longer picture book. He does however sit still long enough to watch a short cartoon, so the Scholastic dvds are pure genius.
We recently got a copy of the new My Very First Treasury of 50 Storybook Classics Preschool Stories from Scholastic and wow.. Talk about an instant library. This collection is so large it will keep you busy for days as it’s compiled on SEVEN dvds. Seeing as we tend to only play one or two stories before bedtime it seems to take forever before we start the list over again. Almost all of my childhood favorites are featured and a large amount of them were totally new to me as well. Harold and the Purple Crayon, Happy Birthday Moon, Corduroy, Good Night Gorilla, and Is Your Mama a Llama are just a few of our favorites included. Not to mention one of our newest favorites Knuffle Bunny!
I’ve mentioned before how much we love the Scholastic book adaptations on dvd. As much as I love reading to Connor its always nice to get a break or to introduce books to him that otherwise he may not have the patience to listen by me reading it to him. What I really approve of is the fact that the dvds are read along meaning the words to the books appear on the screen as well so your child can learn to read along with the dvd just as they would if you had them on your lap as you read. What really cool feature about the stories as they are narrated by some people you may recognize. Including Cindi Lauper one of my childhood idols.
For those of you on a budget or who have space constraints I can tell you right now without any question even at used book price the cost to buy this dvd set is far less than the cost to buy fifty children’s books! Lets not even talk about how much space you need to store that many books. Coming from the girl who had to invest in a larger than life bookshelf for Connor’s room to store his book collection and seeing as we own quite a few of these books it becomes a challenge all on its own. I’m really quite relieved as many of the books included on the dvds are books we had thought about adding to our collection but the question is where would I have put them? Not to mention that adding 50 books at new prices to our collection would have easily cost us several hundred dollars.
You can pick up your own My Very First Treasury of 50 Storybook Classics Preschool Stories on DVD right now at the Scholastic website use coupon code sevendogs to get 10% off your total order!
Scholastic is giving away one My Very First Treasury of 50 Storybook Classic Preschool Stories to one lucky reader!
To enter : (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BIRTHDAY POST!! You must be entered into the birthday bash to win this contest!)
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out My Very First Treasury of 50 Storybook Classics Preschool Stories and tell me which book on the dvd is your favorite!! Make sure you read below to earn extra entries including a scavenger hunt entry.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Answer the I Spy trivia question "Check out the Scholastic website and take a look at all their dvds! I spy a dvd collection that is so big it could qualify as a libary! Do not leave this entry in your comment all trivia question answers go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject "Scholastic " Posting "I spy" answers in comments will disqualify you!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end May 30th at midnight!