Both versions of the game on the 360 and Wii are very simular other than the controllers as though you end up with a little more movements required to play the Wii version in many ways the Wii version is the simpler of the two to play especially for younger players as you can get away completing the fighting sequences by just shaking the controler and hitting buttons like mad but I'm getting ahead of myself here.
How to Train your Dragon is very simular to the pokemon type games as there are basically two aspects of play. Choosing a dragon down to customizing it the way you want and then caring for the dragon by feeding and giving him attention. This is honestly my favorite part of the game as I'm one of those crazy farming game lovers and I really enjoy the challenge of getting my dragon to full stars. You end up having to complete mini games to get all the resources you need to take care of you dragon and I would be absolutely fine with the game if this is all that was involved. As well as taking care of your dragons you can compete in tournaments to gain experience and unlock more "story" parts of the game that involve a lot of exploring.
The tournaments are fun and again remind me a lot of a pokemon type battle. Though both the Wii and 360's fight sequences are pretty much the same if you are dealing with a younger player the Wii version in many ways is the better way to go as you can really accomplish a lot with the Wii controller by just really moving the controller around like mad and pushing buttons. Not saying you wont loose a ton of matches that way, but if push comes to shove not a ton of skill is needed to accomplish the battles if you have a little patience.
Though I'm sure many people love the exploring and story line sequences of this game I really was not interested all I wanted to do was get back to caring for my dragon and battling. Maybe once I've seen the movie and understand more of the storyline my attitude will change but then again that's just my play style.
You can buy your own copy of How To Train Your Dragon on Wii, 360, PS3 or DS right now on Amazon!
I have two copies of How to Train Your Dragon to give away to my readers. A Wii and DS version.
To Enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Just check out How to Train Your Dragon and let us know why you would like to win this game or what feature is most interesting to you.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry - Please post each extra entry in a separate post :
- Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add my button to your sidebar and let me know its there. (please note if you have our old button on your sidebar you'll need to update the link/image)
- Subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- Join our Facebook Page!
- BONUS - I'm allowing a fifth entry for a limited time for those of you who have previously blogged/linked to us in exchange for an entry. Update all the links you have on your site going to our old url (sevendogs) to superheroboy.com and get a extra entry. All you have to do is replace superheroboy in the link where sevendogsandababy appears.
- This contest will end June 30th at midnight!
Disclosure: I was given a copy of How To Train Your Dragon for review, we were not compensated for this post in any other way. My opinions and comments on items we review are always my own and are never influenced by sponsors.