I had the hardest time telling people what to buy Connor for christmas. It's not so much that Connor has EVERYTHING but he certainly is beyond any reasonable doubt spoiled. The problem is I'm so incredibly picky as to what I let my kids play with. It's not so much as I'm a stuck up toy snob as honestly I'm not. I love toys of every shape and size it's more than when you live in a house that your already obviously outgrowing you really need items around you that function and look pretty at the same time.
So this year we are asking for toys that will spark Connor's creative side and still hold up to our functional/pretty requirements. Personally though I wanted to give something to Connor that I knew he would love and had a bit of a personal touch to it. Connor's obession with crayons and pirates/monsters sort of merged into a handmade stocking stuffer that would be durable and still get him as excited. Connor loves to color but he gets terribly frustrated when the crayons break. It's not that you can't color with a crayon but I can't tell you how many times he's asked me to tape the broke ones back together.
So to fix that problem I came up with some great handmade crayons which he could enjoy without worrying about them breaking or rolling off the table. Mind you they are not totally indestructible but they have certainly held up thus far for us and we're so excited to share them with you guys! I've set up an entire selection of handmade molded chunky crayons that are the perfect stocking stuffer for any kid on your list. Each of these crayons is massive the jumbo ones easily taking 14-16 crayons to fill each hold so they will last a very long time. Personally I'm a huge fan of the skull designs but they are all ridiculously adorable. Each one is made of recycled Crayola and other high end brand crayons painstakingly unwrapped and broken down into smaller pieces for melting. I inspect each and every piece before it ever hits the recycling bin and if you could see the state of my fingers you'd understand just how much it takes to unwrap that many crayons.
Check out my Etsy storefront and look at all the great designs and color choices I currently have available. Depending on the popularity I'd like to offer some more designs but right now we have Skulls, Snowmen, Stars, Christmas Trees, and Mini Christmas Trees available in the shop. They come in "solid" color which are marbled crayons of the same color family with a little bit of white mixed in just for effect and rainbow versions which is basically a mixed chunky crayon. The rainbow is kind of fun as you never really know what color its going to make when you use it. I can sell them in individual pieces or custom colors as well for parties depending on how many un-melted crayons I have here at any given time. Just send me an email to ask!
I'm also going to give away one set of crayons to one of my readers! Just check out my Etsy storefront and check out all of the crayon selections. Come back here and tell me which set you'd most like to have if you win. Choices will be limited to what I have in stock at the time a winner is chosen but I will try my best to get you your first choice!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Just check out my Etsy storefront and check out all of the crayon selections. Come back here and tell me which set you'd most like to have if you win. Choices will be limited to what I have in stock at the time a winner is chosen but I will try my best to get you your first choice!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end Dec 15th at midnight!