We've been working pretty hard on teaching Connor numbers lately though its been a slow process. He's so stinking cute though he holds up his fingers and attempts to count them, only to usually get the whole process wrong. No one can blame him for not trying though!
Thanks to Learning Resources we found a new toy that will not only help us with the whole numbers game. Smart Snacks Trail Mix and Match is a fabulous toy that can be used to teach a variety of lessons. Included in the set is a five number candied all labeled 1 through 5, pretzels, chocolate pieces, raisons, peanuts, and crackers. All have holes in them so you can lace them on the included string. I let Connor play on his own lacing up a variety of trail themed necklaces but often I play with him and ask him to put a variety of items on his lace such as : two raisins and two crackers please. Don't worry its all plastic, so you wont end up with chocolate all over the table. Heh. Connor does often pretend he is eating his "necklace" once its done.
The best part is he is having fun but learning important skills at the same time such as learning to lace! Before I know it, as much as I hate to think about it, he will be lacing up his shoes to go to school or stringing macaroni at kindergarten. I'm glad to know he is learning something useful at the same time enjoying himself.
Check out Learning Resources for a great selection of learning toys perfect for the holidays!
Learning Resources wants to give away a set of Smart Snacks Trail Mix to one lucky winner!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Visit the Learning Resources website and tell me which toy from their collection would you most like to have and why.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end Oct 30th at midnight!