September 23rd was the official National Family Game Night hosted by Hasbro games! Though Connor is not quite old enough to officially participate in a family game night we did what we could by playing some simple flash card games, which Connor for the most part made up his own rules for.
I do however think it's really important that families get back to basics somewhat. So many of us spend all of our time in front of our computers, watching TV, playing video games, that we rarely have any face time with the rest of our families. We are even guilty of this in our household, and yes I mean especially me, as I spent a good amount of time working on emails, studying and doing bloggy business daily.
With all that I have made an official promise to myself that once Connor is old enough to play board games with us, we will have a once a week family game night where everyone in the family is required to sit down at the kitchen table and play at least one round of the chosen game for that night. We played board games when I was a kid, not nearly enough, and some of my favorite memories are of me sitting down with my cousins at my grandmother's house playing Trouble. I've been told that I was a terrible cheater, this fact I don't remember, but what I do remember was how much fun and how close I felt to them when we played.
Hasbro sent us a great gift package of awesome board and card games to get our little stash started. Included was some of my favorites Candy Land, Clue, Uno, ect... but what really got Connor's attention was the newly redesigned Connect 4x4. Yes I said that right Connect 4x4!!! Its a new twist on an old game. Basically instead of having one slot to drop you have a double sided grid and the Connect 4 can happen on either side. I really hate to tell you guys this, I'm fairly certain that Connor even at his age could beat me at a standard game of Connect 4, but I already know I have no chance in the world of winning a Connect 4x4 game. I am really excited about a new twist on an old game and Connor was absolutely fascinated by the entire game board.
We also received a copy of Clue Secrets and Spies, another twist on an old favorite. Basically instead of your game of Clue taking place in the notorious hotel you and the rest of the players are top secret spies!! You complete secret missions to win the game and you can even get texts to your cell phone, actually texts to your real cell phone, to help or hinder the game. We've not tried it out yet and really the only thing I can say that holds me up about the whole thing is I'm not sure every little kid has a cell phone to get texts to. It's certainly a cool feature though!
I'd really love to share some of this gift pack with one of my readers. So we have decided to give away two Hasbro card games to one lucky reader! It will be a surprise as to which two you get, but I promise you will love them! They will make for some great stocking stuffers too!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Visit the Hasbro Game Night website and tell me which game you'd most like to own and why.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end Oct 30th at midnight!