Don't get me wrong, I actually really love British dramas but I had my doubts about Enchanted April. Mostly because its taken what seems like a lifetime for it come out on dvd not to mention its won more awards than seems humanly possible. That all just seems too much pressure in a review as what happens if I hate it?
Enchanted April follows a group of British women who need an escape from their boring lives and husbands who are totally checked out. They go on a vacation in the countryside as an escape. The women are all pretty different and do not at all get along. The scenery is beautiful and it certainly makes me wish for a European vacation myself. I could not at all get into the story line. The movie is stuffy, the women are not at all appealing to me at all, and the story is so slow building that I could feel my hair growing.
Enchanted April certainly has a lot of substance and the characters are well developed. Fans of British drama will absolutely love it, it was just not at all to my taste. I do know there were a ton of people anxiously awaiting its release. So if your one of those people I'm excited to tell you I have a copy of Enchanted April to give away to one of my readers. As well Enchanted April is available right now on dvd and you can pick up your copy on Amazon!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out Enchanted April and let me know why you'd like to see the movie!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end July 15th at midnight!