Finding things that will entertain Connor in the car these days is getting harder and harder. He just wants to be up running around and needless to say we are off to FL for a week here shortly and I'm starting to dread the car trip down. What has changed recently is Connor's ability to recognize items and his vocabulary so when the new Peek a Boo Bag from International Playthings arrived I knew we had a winner.
The Peek-a-Boo Bag is a pretty simple idea, a cloth bag with a clear panel filled with plastic beads and colorful little shapes. Call it a portable Ispy game (ironic seeing as we are running an Ispy game of our own for the party! heh) as the bag comes with a little detachable tag on the back that lists all the shapes inside the bag. One person can hold the list of shapes and ask the child holding the bag to find them. Connor has yet to learn all the shapes yet but he has the best time finding each shape and then asking me "What's this?" but it totally cracks me up when he sort of knows what something is and gives me a general answer. All balls are balls to him regardless if its a football, baseball, basketball ect. I'm still not sure how he identifies a football as a ball on this tiny scale as well its not round but he picked that one out first! He also identifies all bugs as bugs regardless if its a spider or whatever... again he labeled the spider as a bug and to be honest with you I'm not even sure he has ever seen a spider. Then he proceeded to tell me that we "squish" bugs.. heh.
Perfect for a road trip, a way to entertain a little one at a doctors office, or even just for quiet play when you've totally had it with playing marching band in the living room. Ohh for a few minutes of quiet every day. Wouldn't that be fabulous?
The Peek-a-Boo Bag is available at the International Playthings website.
We have one Peek-a-Boo Bag to give away to one lucky winner!
To enter : (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BIRTHDAY POST!! You must be entered into the birthday bash to win this contest!)
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out the Peek-a-Boo Bag and tell something you spy in the picture of the Peek-a-Boo Pack! Make sure you read below to earn extra entries including a scavenger hunt entry.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Answer the I Spy trivia question "Check out International Playthings website and take a look their toys! I spy something that is fun to ride on and makes for a good walker for baby too!! Do not leave this entry in your comment all trivia question answers go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject "International Playthings" Posting "I spy" answers in comments will disqualify you!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end May 30th at midnight!