I really don't care if your knees go limp when I talk about awesome organic clothing or if you think its all unnecessary but seriously enough I'm not some granola eating mamma who preaches on a soapbox about why you should live green. Mind you I just got done eating granola and I'm about to tell you why being green is cool, heh, but if you met me on the street there is nothing about me that would automatically tip you off. Actually most people seem suprised when I ramble off my green living stratigys. Maybe thats because I'm no green saint or wear obviously organic clothing, but then again maybe its because we live exactly like everyone else.. just trying to make a few better choices.
My green stratigy is really all about saving money, looking cool and feeling comfortable, and well bettering my own life while helping the planet. This means I make green choices based on what is actually best for our family. Mind you if you offer me two identical products.. one made "green" and the other made normally unless its outragiously more expensive I will always choose the green product. With all that said I know it sounds like I'm rambling but I promise I'm not. The whole point is people tell me Connor has a super cool wardrobe when half of them would not even guess that a good 50% or better of the items in Connor's closet were made from bamboo or organic cotton. Unlike what most people on the street think about organic clothing being plain, Connor's closet is a rainbow of blues, greens, reds, and even prints. Many of which are green and/or fair trade driven.
Ironically one of my first real green clothing "love" was the Zah Organics line over at Go Natural Baby. I remeber it as Go Natural Baby was one of the first companies I really got in touch with about organic clothing and it was all because of the Zah Organics Hawthorne Tshirt in Sea Glass. I've been drooling over it since last winter and it finally arrived a few weeks ago. I have to say it's as pretty in person as it is in the pictures and regardless if it was organic or not I'd have to have it. A pretty light blue for the main shirt flanked by two sea green sleeves it looks amazing on Connor with his bright blue eyes. Match the outfit with the Fairfax Vest and the Coco Pants you have yourself a pretty rocking outfit! It's starting to get warm here now but we still find use for the Fairfax vest and Hawthorne Tshirt quite often as if its rainy or a cool night both are perfect for layering. The Coco Pants are actually pretty warm but they actually have a decent amount of give to them so I'm sure we will be wearing them all fall and into next spring. I can't wait to put the entire outfit back together again!
We are headed to flordia next week on vacation and I packed the whole outfit as it gets cool at night on the beach and I hope to take Connor down to the sand after dark and see if we can spot some crabs or other small animals. Even just the vest will be perfect for the cool sea wind over his summer tee and shorts!
Regardless if your looking to make those first few steps towards green living or if your already a pro or even if you just want a beautiful outfit for a child you love you really have to check out Go Natural Baby. She just expanded her online catalog and added some items, including some organic pet bedding and acessories that we are already drooling over. One aspect of our life that I really have not branched out in is dog items when it comes to living green. Maybe its time I did!
Check out the entire selection at Go Natural Baby!
Go Natural Baby has offered two full outfits to two lucky winners. You can choose either the boy's outfit which includes a tee, coco pants, and vest in your choice of sizes or the girls outfit that includes a tee, coco pants, and kimono dress in your choice of sizes.
To enter : (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BIRTHDAY POST!! You must be entered into the birthday bash to win this contest!)
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out Go Natural Baby and tell me if you won what sizes and colors would you want for your outfit! Make sure you read below to earn extra entries including a scavenger hunt entry.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Answer the I Spy trivia question "Check out Go Natural Baby and take a look at their clothing and accessories line! I spy a little bobble that sparkles and jingles, I know I'd love to have one for a future baby! Do not leave this entry in your comment all trivia question answers go to email@example.com. Use the subject "Go Natural Baby" Posting "I spy" answers in comments will disqualify you!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end May 30th at midnight!