Lined with a really soft luxurious minky material it's incredibly soft to the touch, so much now that it's gotten warmer I put Dylan inside his Baby Bonkie only wearing a diaper. The wrap itself at first looks like any other swaddle type wrap but until you go to put the baby inside do you notice a few diffrences. The biggest problems we have with swaddlers is Dylan will fight the wrap for a few minutes if he is really upset when you put him in. If he wiggles and gets his shoulders free the next thing that comes out are his arms and hands which only defeats the purpose and does not do anything to calm him or to keep him napping. Actually without being swaddled Dylan will NOT sleep on his back at all. So for me to successfully get him to nap sitting inclined in his baby seat during the day, which is the best way for him to nap with his acid reflux, I have to get him swaddled and KEEP him swaddled. Unfortunately I can't seem to wrap him myself in a way that he won't wiggle out of so until we got our Baby Bonkie I usually just gave up on the whole idea of having him nap sitting inclined.
The biggest diffrence between the Baby Bonkie, and the main reason I think Dylan can not get out of this swaddle wrap verses the others we've tried, is the shape of the wrap around the shoulders. The shoulder area on this swaddle wrap is tailored so when you wrap your baby inside it curves around their shoulders and keeps those little wiggling arms firmly at their sides. Dylan will wiggle a few times when I put him in but within moments he gives up and usually passes out shortly after. Parents will love it as it's a totally fool proof way to swaddle, even Daddy's can do it with very little if any instruction. Just lay the baby down, tuck feet and legs inside the pouch, tighten the sides down with velcro and your done! It's also perfect for babysitters and grandparents! I should tell you guys that the Baby Bonkie is very generously sized so one size fits most babies from newborn to five months old. There is still a ton of room for Dylan to grow into down by his feet and the velcro around the chest is very adjustable so even chunkier babies will have no problems fitting into a Baby Bonkie!
The Baby Bonkie website appears to be down but you can still purchase Baby Bonkies on Amazon as well as on many other online retailers. Baby Bonkie was kind enough to send us a Baby Bonkie Tally, which has minky on the outside and inside, to give away as well.
To Enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Just check out the selection of selection of Baby Bonkies on Amazon and tell us which style is your favorite or why your baby really needs a Baby Bonkie!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add my button to your sidebar and let me know its there. (please note if you have our old button on your sidebar you'll need to update the link/image)
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- BONUS - I'm allowing a fourth entry for a limited time for those of you who have previously blogged/linked to us in exchange for an entry. Update all the links you have on your site going to our old url (sevendogs) to superheroboy.com and get a extra entry. All you have to do is replace superheroboy in the link where sevendogsandababy appears.
- This contest will end May 31st at midnight!
Disclosure: We received our Baby Bonkie and giveaway free of charge from Baby Bonkie to do this review. My opinions and comments on items we review are always my own and are never influenced by sponsors.