If your looking for a great last minute Valentines Day gift for your other half or even a teenager in your life, I really swear by the Guitar Hero series of games. When the series first came out I really thought the Guitar Hero fad would be limited to teenagers and younger kids who were still in that whole "I wish I was a rockstar, mindset" but honestly after staying up late nights and playing Guitar Hero with some of my friends I've realized it's really a great game to play as a group or even as a family. One of my good friends plays it reguarlly with her kids including her three year old who I guess is fairly good at the drums!
The most recent addition to the Guitar Hero family is by far one of my favorite choice for the dads I know as the song selection is one of my favorites. Guitar Hero Van Halen has an awfully rocking soundtrack most of which are Van Halen based though the "extra" songs are really the ones that get me giddy. Including 25 Van Halen songs including some that have some really awesome guitar solos for those of you that really love the guitar controller best. The extra songs are really my favorite though including Billy Idol's White Wedding, The Offspring Pretty Fly for a White Guy, Weezer Dope Nose and so many awesome others. Though I think this title may be a little light in songs compared to some.. the ones you get are really great possibly some of the best overall songs I've seen thus far. Guitar Hero Van Halen is available right now on Amazon!
Guitar Hero 5 includes a massive 85 songs with something from almost every genre. This title will keep you busy for hours as it really does seem like the song selection is almost unending. As well you can play it on party mode which allows you to switch players during songs to make it a real challenge if you have a big group. Guitar Hero 5 is also compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour and you can download the songs from World Tour into Guitar Hero 5 to give yourself an even larger song base. Some of my favorite songs included are Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit (always a fun one to attempt to get your buddy to sing while they are a little intoxicated or even some unsuspecting parent.. heh) as well as Bon Jovi You Give Love a Bad Name. Guitar Hero 5 is available right now on Amazon as well!
I can't get this to you by Valentines Day obviously.. but I have a copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen for PS3 to give away to one lucky reader!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Just check out the Guitar Hero website and tell which title you'd most like to own and what your favorite song is from the title!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add my button to your sidebar and let me know its there. (please note if you have our old button on your sidebar you'll need to update the link/image)
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- BONUS - I'm allowing a fourth entry for a limited time for those of you who have previously blogged/linked to us in exchange for an entry. Update all the links you have on your site going to our old url (sevendogs) to superheroboy.com and get a extra entry. All you have to do is replace superheroboy in the link where sevendogsandababy appears.
- This contest will end March 15th at midnight!