We've seen a lot of board games many of which can be tailored to young players but none of which is as easy and as exciting for the youngest of players as Quackers from International Playthings! International Playthings sent us our own Quackers game to try out!
Quackers reminds me a bit of a game you'd play at a fair. Six little ducks sit on a spinning game board and under two ducks there is an egg. The challenge of the game is to find the duck that has the quacking egg and not the rotten egg. Even the youngest of players will be able to participate as all you need to play is a good ear and a little bit of memory skills. You put the eggs in the game board under the ducks and then spin the board. The quacking egg will quack as soon as you start spinning and when the board stops you must then guess which duck has the quacking egg. If you guess correctly you get a Quackers card. Whoever ends up with the most cards wins.
For two to four players and for ages three and up it's sure to please any preschooler in your household. Though it may be a bit too simple for the older kids it certainly pleases my little man and its the one game he can actually play solo even without another player as he finds it just as entertaining just to try to find the right duck as he does playing with another player at this point. Secretly I really enjoy this one as I can just place the egg, spin, and supervise and not be forced to play myself. Which is great when I'm looking for a good activity for us to do to wind down in the afternoons before nap time. Connor also easily can place the egg himself and play solo while I work on homework or catch up on emails. It's also a great game to bring out on play dates as it really doesn't require any explanation especially if you opt to play without the cards and it has virtually no setup or breakdown time involved as the board is all one piece and it only takes just a second to put the egg in and put the ducks on.
In the end Quackers is absolutely one of the best choices we've seen for preschooler's in the board game category though it may not be as exciting for players over the age of six. You can pick up your own game of Quackers on the International Playthings website!
I have an extra Quackers game to give away to one very lucky reader!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Just check out the selection of games on the International Playthings website. Tell us which is your favorite other than the three that we've reviewed in the last few days.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end Dec 31th at midnight!