One thing I'm most looking forward to with the new baby is all the adorable baby carriers. With Connor we started a bit late as I had the hardest time finding the right fit, purely out of lack of experience. This time we plan on starting from the day we come home from the hospital! Our newest edition in our wardrobe of baby carriers is the Freehand Mei Tai from Together Be!
We received a Freehand Baby Carrier in Diana which is this adorable pink leaf on a chocolate background which makes me feel awfully girlie and will look great with a dress or even just a tee shirt. Hopefully it will distract onlookers from the train wreck I'm sure I will be most days after caring for two babies under three. If you are new to carriers the Mei Tai really to me is the most similar type carrier to the strap on carriers that are so popular at major chain stores. The tying process is really quite simple and they work great for babies from newborn to toddlers. Connor can still comfortably fit into our Mei Tais but for the most part I attempt to get him to walk at this point as my back is already killing me with the one I carry 24 hours a day. heh.
Personally my favorite aspect of a Mei Tai is how incredibly secure they fill in a back hold. Since we started late with Connor most of the time he was on my hip or on my back and I always felt really insecure using a sling or wrap with him on my back as they tend to have a lot more "give". Though with him tied securely on my back with a Mei Tai we made many trips down to the grocery store, little children's boutique down the street, and just on walks around the neighborhood without any complaints. The Freehand in particular is one of the most light weight Mei Tai's we've tested thus far and it does not at all feel bulky on the shoulders though it does add some padding for comfort. It stores down quite small and will easily fit in your diaper bag.
Along with the Freehand, Together Be sent us a Peekaru Ozone which has to be one of the most unusual and ingenious products we've seen in a long time. The Ozone is a super lightweight UV "blanket like" cover. It's tailored so it easily fits over your baby carrier, stroller, or even infant car seat. It even has an area at the top that sort of acts like a hood if your using it over a carrier and allows it to drape nicely over the handle of an infant carrier. It protects 95% of UVA and UVB rays and will protect your baby from getting a sunburn. This is super important as if your child is anything like mine sunscreen was nearly impossible with him as a newborn as his skin was SO sensitive. I was always so nervous taking him out in the sun even on cool days as he inherited his mothers super light complexion and a sunburn is a serious risk even with short exposure.
The Ozone is breathable and there is no worry about those really hot days as actually I would imagine the white fabric and breathable material would actually help keep your child cool verses hot.
I have a Peekaru Ozone to give away to one lucky winner in white w/ grey stitching!!
To enter :
- Leave a comment on this post. Visit the Together Be website and tell me which carrier and color you'd most like to have!
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end Oct 30th at midnight!