This is not a ride on. Connor just has an unusual sense of humor.
Regardless of what Connor seems to think the Clipo Hippo is not designed to be a ride on toy. However, there is something to be said for the fact that its standing up to Connor’s abuse like a champion. Actually I think its very cute seeing Connor scoot around the floor on the miniature hippo. I’m not even sure where he got the idea but he finds it hilarious.
The Clipo Hippo is however a really unusual building toy designed just for toddlers. Not quite blocks, not quite Lego's, the Clipo building system has Clipo that come in various shapes and colors and every surface of the Clipo has these raised pegs which interlock together. This gives you a really unusually open to interpretation way of building that’s sort of addicting to even parents. No need to line the Clipo perfectly together as you can hook them together end to end, flat, one standing up, really anyway you can get the clipos to wedge together is fair game.
What I love as a mom is that all the Clipos in this set fit inside of the adorable Clipo Hippo so storage is so easy not to mention you can use the Hippo’s back and wheels to build on. The Hippo’s mouth opens so you can feed him the Clipos one by one or you can open the flap on his back and put them back in or take them out. Likewise the Hippo can be a stand alone toy. Connor really seems to enjoy having his Clipo Hippo eat his other small plastic animals. Last I heard I was pretty sure hippos are for the most part vegetarian but it appears our hippo really loves cows and dinosaurs. Heh.
As for Connor riding the Clipo Hippo around, don’t try that one at home.
You can purchase your own Clipo Hippo at the Hasbro online store and check out the other Clipo items as well!
Hasbro was awesome enough to provide us with an extra Clipo Hippo to give away to one of our readers in honor of the birthday event!
To enter : (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BIRTHDAY POST!! You must be entered into the birthday bash to win this contest!)
- Leave a comment on this post. Check out the Clipo Items at Hasbro and let us what would you build with your clipos if you won! Make sure you read below to earn extra entries including a scavenger hunt entry.
- Make sure there is a way for me to contact you - if your email address is not on your profile or you are not a blogger you may leave it in your comment or email it to me directly (angelaandconnor at gmail dot com) We have had to disqualify a lot of potential winners as of late as many people do not have emails available in their profiles or leave anonymous posts without any way to contact you.
- Please US entries only.
- To get extra credit :
- For an extra entry :
- Bloggers - Blog about this contest and leave me the link on your comment, or add me to your sidebar and let me know its there.
- Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry!
- Answer the I Spy trivia question "Check out the Playskool items at Hasbro! I spy a something many of us had as a kid but its changed a bit, it now has music. Wee! Do not leave this entry in your comment all triva question answers go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject "Clipo Hipo" Posting "I spy" answers in comments will disqualify you!
- Let people know about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway!
- THREE extra credit per person. Please post your extra credit in a separate post.
- This contest will end May 15th at midnight!